Home Learning Plan
We offer immediate remote education if:
· any pupil needs to self-isolate when the rest of the school is still open
· a pupil’s family needs them to learn from home due to risks related to COVID 19
· if the school were directed to close.
Remote learning is provided on the first day of absence.
When teaching remotely we:
· plan a programme matched to the teaching pupils would receive in school
· teach a planned and sequenced curriculum based on our schemes of work
· suggest a weekly timetable to help structure learning at home
· match approaches for home to those we use at school wherever possible
· provide highly personalised programmes matched to each pupil’s needs
· provide a learning programme matched to the targets in each pupil’s weekly Next Steps Targets
· include regular, planned contact between staff, families and pupils
· provide a balance of practical resources and materials online
· provide a balanced programme with a range of lessons and practical activities
· monitor pupil engagement through welfare calls and respond to these accordingly
· monitor pupil progress through conversations with families focusing on progress towards targets in the Next Steps Targets
· monitor progress by reviewing completed work if appropriate
· adjust the pace or difficulty of what's being taught in response to feedback from families and pupils
· avoid an over-reliance on activities that can be too demanding for our children and their families
· support families with access to access to technology, including laptops and internet access
· use Microsoft Teams to work with individual pupils and their families
· work with individual families to find the approach that suits them and their child best.
· online teaching and videos
· weekly home learning newsletters sharing quality online resources and enrichment activities
· weekly resource packs including materials and resources linked to each pupil’s special interests
· all the resources each pupil needs
· weekly feedback on progress made
· regular meetings through Teams for pupils and families who need it.